When it comes to roof boxes, there are a lot of options for the Volkswagen Passat. The most important thing is to make sure that the roof box you purchase will be compatible with your Volkswagen Passat.
A Volkswagen Passat is a great car for long trips, but if you want to bring along a lot of gear, you may need a roof box. Here are some things to consider when choosing a roof box for your Passat:
Capacity: How much gear do you need to bring?
Style: Do you want a sleek box that will blend in with your car or a more visible box that will make it easy to find your gear?
Features: Does the box have built-in locks, lightweight and can open from the side?
Price: How much do you want to spend?
The best roof box for a Volkswagen Passat is one you can use time and again over the years. Experts agree with use that the Thule 629200 Roof Boxes Motion XT is the perfect size for your VW Passat.
- Dimensions: 130x85x35cm
- Mounting mechanism: U-bolt
- Capacity: 320l/ 50kg
- Smaller Roof Box
- Dimensions: 110 x 80 x 40 cm
- Mounting mechanism: 4 quick-fitting clamps
- Capacity: 280L
- Load: 50kg
- Dimensions: 175 x 46 x 86.5cm
- Mounting mechanism: U-bolt
- Capacity: 300L
- Load: 75kg
Best Roof Box List For VW Passat.
Questions and Answer.
1. What are the key features to look for when purchasing a roof box for a Volkswagen Passat?
Some factors to consider when purchasing a roof box for a Volkswagen Passat include the following:
- The size of the car- a roof box that is too large or too small for the car will not be effective.
- The type of car- a box that is not compatible with the car’s roof type will not be effective.
- The weight of the car- a box that is too heavy for the car will not be effective.
- The aerodynamics of the car- a box that disrupts the airflow around the car will be less effective.
Other factors to consider include the price of the box, the materials it is made of, and the warranty.
2. What are the most popular roof box brands for Volkswagen Passats?
There are a few roof box brands that are popular for Volkswagen Passats. One is the Thule brand, which makes a variety of boxes that are designed to fit specific models of cars. Another popular brand is Yakima, which also makes a variety of boxes that are designed to fit different car models. Finally, there is the Rhino-Rack brand, which makes boxes that are designed to be universal and fit most car models.
3. What are the benefits of using a roof box for a Volkswagen Passat?
Using a roof box for a Volkswagen Passat can provide a number of benefits. Some benefits include more storage space, improved aerodynamics, and comfortability for passengers.
4. How do you choose the right roof box for your Volkswagen Passat?
The best way to choose the right roof box for your Volkswagen Passat is to consider the size of your car and the amount of storage you need. You’ll also want to make sure the roof box is compatible with your car’s roof rack (most are universal).
5. What are the most important factors to consider when purchasing a roof box for a Volkswagen Passat?
When purchasing a roof box for a Volkswagen Passat, the following factors are important to consider:
- The size of the roof box: The Volkswagen Passat can accommodate a roof box up to 460 litres in size.
- The type of box: There are three types of roof boxes: hard-shell, soft-shell, and foldable. Hard-shell boxes are the most durable and weatherproof, while foldable boxes are the most compact and lightweight.
- The brand: Some brands of roof boxes are more reliable and of better quality than others.
- The price: Roof boxes can vary in price from around £150 to £750
Other factors that may be important to consider include the weight of the box and what it’s made from.
- What are roof boxes made from? Roof boxes are usually made from plastic, aluminium, carbon fibre and some out of fibreglass.
All roof boxes vary from size to size you may want to measure clamping points so you know how far apart to set the roof bars.
- Lift with two people.
- Roof boxes are bulky its always best to have two people to lift and place on your car.
- Align it correctly with a partner for maximum aerodynamics. A good tip for this is if you have an aerial you can use that to centre the roof box.
- Make sure you can open your boot before you attach it.
- Ensure you always put the bulk of the load in the middle of your roof box.
A roof box is a great way to add extra storage space to your Volkswagen Passat. There are a number of factors to consider when purchasing a roof box, including the size of the box, the type of box, and the brand. We hope you have found the right roof box for your needs. If this article has been of help, please check out our other accessories pages.